Saturday, 11 February 2012

Page eight.

I should apologise for my lack of posting. It was due to a combination of birthday celebrations, food poisoning and mental breakdowns - some of which I am still recovering! I also have a lot of catching up to do, in regards to reading blog posts, so bear with me!


Anthropological Supernova

Just a short post this week. If you haven't already, have a read of Page four. It will probably make this poem a little clearer for you, but then again, it might not.



I can think of two,
That shone brighter than the sun.
Both, now lifeless,
But still glowing, is one.

Full of vivacity,
On life, so drunk.
Must be true, what they say,
Only the good, die young.

Supernovae,
Each, in their own way.
It seemed the splendour of Science,
Had met me halfway.
See, he won’t be back,
That, I wholly accept.
But that one glow remains,
And my loss, goes unwept.

Complements of each other,
In one sense, they are.
For one was human,
The other, a star.

For a father.


One last thing.. Creativity is expressed by so many in such different ways. For me, this includes not just paintings and drawings, but music, fashion, literature, food, movies and so much more. I have decided to create a new blog, focusing on exactly this. Although I have not yet posted anything, the blog is up. I will begin posting very soon!

Be sure to check it out! - A Cubic Bubble Of...

(I should also mention that I have included a list of blogs, that I enjoy reading, down the right hand side of the home page - If anyone wants me to remove the link to their page, for any reason, let me know!)

- T -

30 comments:

  1. Nice to see you're back. I don't see the blogroll of yours, though. I'm bad at finding stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies! I failed to mention that the blogroll can be found on the new blog - 'A Cubic Bubble Of...' My bad!

      GM x

      Delete
  2. Glad you're back...and happy belated birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked the poem a lot. Look forward to what the new blog brings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Although I have no idea where to start with the new blog just yet!

      GM x

      Delete
  4. Great poem, and looking forward to that new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog, following you now and looking forward to the Cubic Bubble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - heading over to yours now. (Yes, all three of them!)

      GM x

      Delete
  6. love the last verse, and hope the food poisoning didn't happen at a birthday party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And unfortunately, I got food poisoning the night before my birthday. But I soldiered my way through the sickness and weakness, and partied on through it!

      GM x

      Delete
  7. Oh dear. Sounds like you've had a rough time of it. I hope you're feeling better. Love the poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feeling much better now! And thank you.

      GM x

      Delete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday..so sorry to hear about the unpleasant parts. Food poisoning sounds awful and mental breakdowns sound equally bad girl. I had that way too often in the past. Hope negative things ended here and say hello to new fun stuff and a new blog you are about to start.

    Thanks so much for visiting my bloggy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm hoping the worst of it is over..looking forward now!

      GM x

      Delete
  9. I'm following here and cubic! Nice blogs, both of them. I really dig the poem in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is definitely my thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought it would be. I thought the same about yours!

      GM x

      Delete
  11. The poem was pure class and thank you for including me on your list. I feel very complemented.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just putting it out there- But if this poem was entered into a competition of some sort....I'm pretty sure it would stand a good chance at winning :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks, might give it a go!

      GM x

      Delete
  13. You've been tagged buddy. Dunno if you'd rather do it on this of your other blog, but here goes :http://ohmeowmeowoh.blogspot.com/2012/02/they-got-me-dang-nabbit.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn you! :P

      Shall answer your Q's tomorrow.

      GM x

      Delete
  14. My first time here! Can't wait to see the new blog!

    ReplyDelete